advanced analysis + design
- Linear/Nonlinear design and analysis of steel, concrete, and masonry structures for natural and man-made phenomena hazards
- Advanced 3D FEM capabilities for systems, structures, and components (SSC) analysis and soil-structure interaction (SSI) response analysis
- Post-Fukushima-related services including seismic / tornado fragility analysis for probabilistic risk assessments (PRA)
- Expert consultation in experience-based methods and equipment qualification
- License extension renewal support including independent spent fuel storage installation (ISFSI), structures monitoring, and spent fuel pool (SFP) assessments
- Design-basis threat evaluation and design for blast / vehicular impact as well as surveillance / detection SSC installation
- Decommissioning support including ISFSI consulting
JENSEN HUGHES routinely performs Finite Element Model (FEM) for complex SSC. Static and dynamic evaluations include nonlinear methods for pressure transients, blast, fluid, and natural phenomena loads. JENSEN HUGHES’ stable of QA verified codes includes ANSYS™, ADINA™, GTSTRUDL™, PDSTRUDL™, SAP2000™ and in-house codes SPECTRA™ and EDASP™.
Extreme Load Design
Soil-Structure Interaction Analysis
JENSEN HUGHES has been at the forefront of SSI analysis for over 25 years, having conducted safety-related analyses for numerous clients and for design basis applications using the SASSITM and EKSSITM codes. JENSEN HUGHES maintains and markets these codes throughout the world for resale with QA validation and verification.
Seismic + External Hazard Probabilistic Risk Assessment
Steel, Concrete, and Masonry Design
JENSEN HUGHES provides structural design services to numerous clients with complete capabilities ranging from initial analysis to plant modifications to complete building design services and professionally sealed design drawings to conform to national and state codes.
Design Basis Threat
JENSEN HUGHES implemented site 10CFR73 design basis threat (DBT) engineering projects from the conceptual design phase through on-site construction management. Areas of expertise include detailed blast analysis, design of vehicle barriers and blast/bullet-resistant enclosures, missile impact, and surveillance/detection SSC integration and installation.