Life safety is not a game.
Casinos are unique facilities which pose significant challenges relative to fire and life safety. Casinos are intended to serve a high volume of people making life safety of particular importance. Additional challenges are created due to the typical environment (flashing lights, loud noises) and the need for tight security measures. Usually, casinos are designed with unique attributes to attract visitors, resulting in a design that cannot easily comply with prescriptive Building and Fire Code provisions. And, casinos are often combined with other uses such as hotels/resorts, malls, convention centers, theaters or other performance venues, restaurants, and nightclubs, making it even more difficult to apply code requirements and further complicating fire and life safety hazards.
JENSEN HUGHES has experience solving complex fire protection challenges for casinos. Using state-of-the-art computer fire and egress modeling techniques, performance based design philosophies, and knowledge of the codes, our staff has provided distinctive and effective fire protection and code compliance solutions for these facilities.
Fire Protection System Design
Our design services include development of conceptual and detailed designs for fire detection, mass notification, smoke control, and fire protection systems, and selection of optimal devices and components to achieve code compliance in a cost-effective manner. JENSEN HUGHES professionals also evaluate the performance of existing systems and proposed designs and provide recommendations for improvements, and/or effective cost reductions.
Fire Protection System Analysis
JENSEN HUGHES can determine your system performance requirements by evaluating water supply, producing detailed design drawings and documents, performing hydraulic calculations, and evaluating existing installations. JENSEN HUGHES can also develop a variety of models for analysis, including computational fire modeling with FDS (fire dynamics simulator), structural fire protection models, and heat transfer models.
Related Project Experience
- Aria Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, NV
- Palazzo Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, NV
- Venetian Casino Resort, Las Vegas, NV
- MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, NV
- Seneca Allegany Hotel & Casino Addition, Salamanca, NY
- Empire Resorts Concord Casino & Racetrack, Kiamesha Lake, NY
- Resorts World, Jamaica, NY
- Greenbrier Hotel Casino, White Sulphur Springs, WV
- MGM Grand Casino, Detroit, MI
- Twin River Casino, Lincoln, RI
- Treasure Island Resort & Casino Event Center, Rochester, MN
- Newport Grand Casino, Newport, RI
- Hollywood Park Redevelopment, CA
- Lincoln Park Gaming & Entertainment Complex, RI
- Diamond Mountain Casino, Susanville, California
- Gulfstream Park/Magna Entertainment, Hallandale Beach, Florida
- Mall of America Expansion, Bloomington, Minnesota
- Rio Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas, NV
- PNK Casino, Baton Rouge, LA
Contact Us Today:
Contact us today using our online form or by contacting one of our many regional branches. For specific questions regarding JENSEN HUGHES’ services for Casinos, please contact: