Can't find what you're looking for? Try Searching »
Building Your Road to Recovery on a Solid Foundation
Following a catastrophe, critical post-event activities include the catastrophic response and recovery actions aimed at facilitating rehabilitation. Our experts stand ready to assist you in assessing the impact of your catastrophic event. We assess and evaluate business interruption, structural damage (caused by seismic forces, wind, hail, or snow loading), equipment damage (mechanical, electrical, or fire protection), and in determining whether damage was pre-existing or caused by wind, storm surge / flood, or seismic damage. Our team is on the ground collecting data, documenting physical evidence, and coordinating repair and remediation work through all phases of disaster recovery.
JENSEN HUGHES professionals are licensed in nearly every state and province in the United States and Canada, to ensure timely responses during a Catastrophe (CAT) event. When disaster strikes, a timely response is critical. Our experts are available 24/7 and have responded to hundreds of storm events, earthquakes and resulting tsunamis, tornadoes, hail storms, wildland fires, and other natural disasters world-wide.
Contact us at CATResponse@jensenhughes.com for more information.
Structural Damage Assessments
- JENSEN HUGHES helps facility owners and insurance carriers determine whether it is safe to use a structure after a significant event, and how to repair relevant damage.
- Our team of civil / structural engineers, architects, historic preservationists, and other experts assess the extent of damage and assist with future seismic mitigation to bring structures and equipment up to code and help limit future issues. We can to determine feasibility, scope, the estimated cost of repairs and monitor construction progress.
Wind vs. Surge / Flood Damage Determination
- Determining the root cause of reported damage provides key information to facilitate the path to repair and recovery. Catastrophe response support includes an experienced and efficient analysis of the root cause of reported damage to distinguish between wind damage and water damage.
- This task can be dauntingly complex, demanding expertise in structural engineering, historic building codes, construction practices, wind forces, and water/wave forces. Our staff has performed hundreds of wind vs. surge or flood damage assessments and given presentations at various conferences on the topic.
Pre-existing vs. Storm Damage Determinations
- Understanding whether reported damage on any structure or piece of equipment requires a consistent approach and experience in a broad range of areas.
- Our team is asked to review available evidence and determine the timeline and root cause of issues.
- We have experience in this area, whether it’s leveraging our meteorologist to model a weather event, a civil engineer evaluating suspected hail damage, or a structural engineer inspecting a tree strike.
Post Event Mitigation
- JENSEN HUGHES is uniquely positioned to help evaluate options and get back to business as usual after a severe or catastrophic event.
- Post root cause determination, or as a stand-alone service, our seasoned team of experts evaluate and recommend next steps to mitigate downtime, business interruption and costs. Examples of mitigation services include helping to determine whether to recommend the repair of a structure or a tear down, understanding the code implications of all options, and evaluating whether storm-damaged equipment be safely reused or repaired?
- We have years of experience investigating wildland and urban interface fires, from duff to trees, shrubs, grass and dense forests. Our investigations range in scale from a single acre to thousands of acres.
- Our experts can isolate an area of origin based on fire damage indicators, and determine casual factors based on remaining evidence.