Can't find what you're looking for? Try Searching »
A review of codes and standards is a critical element in forensic analysis
JENSEN HUGHES’ experts bring to bear their extensive experience in codes and standards to assess compliance, application and construction document review. Our team of experts research and analyze codes and standards as they relate to forensic matters such as construct defect, personal injury, historic preservation efforts, fire and life safety, and premises liability. Our engineers and architects are active in the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE), the American Institute of Architects (AIA), and the International Code Council (ICC) building and fire codes. Activities associated with these organizations include technical committee membership and chair positions for codes and standards making, development of fire protection courses and seminars in a broad range of topics (including fire hazard and fire risk analyses, and fire modeling), and preparation of technical handbook chapters for both NFPA and SFPE.
Code and Standard Experts include
- ADA and Accessibility
- Fire and Life Safety
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP)
We know the Code because we help write the Code
JENSEN HUGHES’ engineers have detailed knowledge in the application and interpretation of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes and standards, the International Building/Fire Codes, other international, state and local codes, ordinances, and regulations, as well as product listings and approvals. Knowledge of the codes is enhanced by great participation in the standards-making process, which includes all of the model building code organizations. Some highlights of code and standards participation include:
- Member of the NFPA Board of Directors
- Chairs of 16 NFPA Committees
- Technical Committee Members on over 30 NFPA codes and standards
- Participate in ICC code and the NFPA 5000 development process
- Member of the ASTM E05 Executive Committee (fire test standards)
- Member of all eight ASTM E05 Technical Committees
- Participate in the ICC Evaluation Services development process through client representation (product and material approval)
- Members of numerous UL Standards Technical Panels (STP), including Smoke Detectors and Alarms, Carbon Monoxide Alarms and Gas Detectors, Fire Resistance of Building Constructions and Assemblies, Fire Proofing Materials, and Fire Test for Discrete Products Located in Air Passageways
Search by location and area of expertise for qualified forensics and litigation consulting experts.
Click to submit a forensics assignment.