JENSEN HUGHES Power Services Group (PSG) is pleased to announce the addition of Dr. Jennifer Uhle as the new Director of Reactor Safety Programs in the Rockville, MD office.
Dr. Uhle most recently served as Director of the Office of New Reactors at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). In that role, she was responsible for the regulatory activities associated with siting, licensing, and construction of new nuclear power plants, as well as review of new light water and advanced reactor designs.
Dr. Uhle served in numerous senior level positions throughout her 23-year career with the NRC. Positions include Deputy Director of both Nuclear Reactor Regulation (NRR) and Nuclear Regulatory Research (RES), and Director of the Division of Safety Analysis and of the Division of Engineering.
She brings a deep understanding of the technical and regulatory issues faced by the nuclear industry, both existing and future. In her NRC senior management role, she developed strong relationships with international entities that will help JENSEN HUGHES pursue a number of core strategies for growth.
Dr. Uhle earned her Ph.D. and B.S. in Nuclear Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
International Representative Roles
- NRC representative to the Committee on Nuclear Regulatory Activities of OECD/NEA
- NRC representative to the Program Review Group of the OECD/NEA/CSNI
- U.S. Representative to the IAEA First Fact Finding Mission to Fukushima
- Chairman of the Paul Scherrer Institute Thermal-Hydraulic Laboratory Advisory Committee
- Project Director of the international user group for NRC thermal-hydraulic codes
Academic Committee Involvement
- North Carolina State Nuclear Engineering Department Advisory Committee
- MIT Nuclear Engineering Department Advisory Committee
Dr. Uhle’s technical and regulatory expertise supports our mission to advance the science of safety and provide unparalleled consulting services to our clients. For more information on our Power Services Group, please click here.